LEVEL 1 – BEGINNER TO INTERMEDIATE
2nd and 3rd March 2019
16 CPD Points ( for the 2 days plus any pre-reading you do ) as our course meets AHPRA requirements
Linda Shacklock of City Physiotherapy is hosting the next Adelaide-based Neuro-musculoskeletal Dry Needling Course presented by lecturer Joergen Forsberg.
What is dry needling?
Dry needling is based on the current understanding of neurophysiology and functional anatomy. Dry Needling builds on a health professionals existing medical knowledge.
We successfully train health practitioners who look after: AFL, basketball, Cycling, Cricket, Rugby, Hockey, Skiing, Swimming, Tennis, Golf, Runners, Dancers and other elite or social athletes.
We also teach practitioners in private clinics & hospitals that manage aches & pains in the general population as well as those who work in pain clinics.
To date we have successfully trained over 3000 practitioners.
The lecture series allows for quick progress. Our initial, very practical, two day course, will train you to be competent in the application of Dry Needling straight away.
Our lecturer Joergen Forsberg BSc (Hons), MSc Pain Management, originally from Sweden and the UK, has lectured in dry needling nationally and internationally for over 15 years.
2 day course suits beginners through to intermediate
- 150 page manual included
- History of dry needling
- Diagnosis of Myofascial Trigger Points
- Introduction to Neuromuscular Dry Needling
- Dangers and Contraindications
- Safe needle practice (OH & S)
- Reactor types & trigger point pain patterns
- Neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, low back pain, chronic sciatica
- Sports injuries
- Bursitis, plantar fasciitis
- ITB, quadriceps, hamstrings, calf, tibialis posterior, peroneals
- Tennis elbow, golfers elbow, rotator cuff, knee pain, arthritis
- Thoracic Pain, CTJ area, biceps, triceps
- Superficial and deep dry needling
- Perisosteal pecking
- Leant to elicit local twitch responses (LTR)
- Neurophysiology of acute and chronic pain
- Neurophysiological pain relief mechanisms
- Extensive hands on practice & much more
Includes morning / afternoon tea and lunch with real coffee facilities and home-made food. You will receive a take home starter pack of needles & certificate of attendance along with a comprehensive course manual and the latest Dry Needling/Acupuncture needle research article references.
The participants will be able to safely perform deep and superficial dry needling to the main areas of the body. Moreover, they will have a good understanding of infection control procedures.
Level 6 / 108 King William Street Adelaide, South Australia 5000.
Parking is available nearby in Topham Car Park, Waymouth Street (200m walk to clinic). Easily accessible via bus or tram.
For further information call or email Linda Shacklock
Mobile 0414 931 390 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course level & cost
Beginners to intermediate.
APA members & Students $795.00 (incl. GST)
4th Year Physiotherapy Students $795.00 (incl. GST)
Non APA members $839.00 (incl. GST)
If you have previously attended the Level 1 Dry Needling course & wish to apply for a refresher course of Level 1, receive 25% discount off full course price.
* No further discounts apply.
** Any special one off pricing offers can not be used in conjunction with the 25% discount offer.
- Meets AHPRA requirements
- Physiotherapy Malpractice and Liabilty Insurance approved.
- Level one and Podiatry Courses open to Physiotherapy, Medical and Podiatry students in their final years
Please note: This course is only suitable for people who are currently members of a recognised statutory regulatory body. Proof of your degree via registration number is necessary.
Forward registration form to Linda Shacklock
by Fax 8212 8028 or Email email@example.com
|Cancellation by the presenter:||Full refund|
|Cancellation by participant:||More than 4 weeks prior – Full refund|
|4-3 weeks prior to course – 75% of price refunded.|
|3-2 weeks prior to course – 50% of price|
|2-0 weeks prior to course – no refund|
|Note, to assist participants: there is no charge to change to another course date.|
Free items included in the course ($169 value):
- Free lunch and coffee, fruit & am/pm tea both days – worth $60
- Only use pain-free premium needles both days – no extra charge
- Learn pain free techniques “needle smarter not harder”
- Bound Manual ($50) Evidence based articles ($30) Starter pack $15 Satchel and pen ($14)
- Free lifetime support – no charge
- Free research articles monthly – no charge
Cheques payable to Linda Shacklock.
There are limited places available in the two-day course! Numbers are kept small to ensure you have plenty of practice, with high-quality teaching.
* Finishing time may vary depending upon additional material or student questions during lectures and practical sessions.
Register before: 15th February 2019
If you know your injury or ailment, search or select from the dropdown list to the right. Alternatively click on the quick link buttons below to find out more.
Follow us to stay connected and keep up to date with the latest physiotherapy, health & wellbeing tips from City Physiotherapy Adelaide.